After a false start ( I had to resolder the board as two motors weren’t working) The new beast is alive!! and wow it is fast and accurate. No more swearing and crying. Take a look at a cut I did on the old CNC vs. a cut made on the new faster happier cnc. The bands on the new cut are from running it too slow. I wasn’t sure on the first cut how fast I could push it. I am happy to say the least.
Well since I’ve updated the motors I needed to update the power supply as well. I put the controller and power supply together in a big case and added serial port connectors for the motor conections. I’m running this thing right on the line of destruction as the max voltage on the controller board is 42V and I’m right there at 43V hehe.. I don’t see smoke… must be good.